Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chapter 3: The obsessive admirer


A few months after I broke up with me second ex, this guy came up. At first, I didn’t realize that he was actually wanted more in our friendship. He was cool but sometimes weird. Most of our guys didn’t like him but I didn’t care as long as our friendship didn’t make harm to anybody. He liked to do something funny and sometimes stupid that always make me laugh. Everyday, the first thing in the morning we played with the rest of our members. The first thing I realized that he was actually liked me was when he waited for me in front of the admin office and walked me to my classroom. I was shocked at first but I pretended to act like nothing. He kept doing the same routine everyday and I still pretend to be ignorant. We joked and played as usual but I didn’t take him seriously. I remembered when one night, I told him that I love V.E’s song called ‘Bila Rindu’ (back then it was the hottest song). He said he wanted to come up to the front gate of my hostel and sang the song while playing the melody with his guitar. And he did! I watched him singing the song from my window (my room was headed towards the hostel’s gate). I thought it was funny and he was crazy to do such thing for me. One day, he came to me and asked me to see a movie with him. He told me it’s gonna be his treat. I said okay. Hey, who wouldn’t like to be treated watching movies right? But I was furious with his last words. He said ‘don’t let anyone know’ and I asked him why. He didn’t answer but smile. But I can’t keep the secret to myself. For security reason, I told my bestfriend that we were going to watch a movie at The Mall. And funny thing was, he acted very different that day. I think he thought it was a date but I didn’t. He spoke softly, gently and when I looked into his eyes, there’s this sparkle that made me wanted to freak out. I said to myself, “hey, this is not him. He was usually loud and playful. But now, he’s different!” I tried to hold on to myself about it and acted as usual. When the ‘date’ was over, my freaked out behavior emerged and I told my bestfriends about it. They, too, became freaked out. Gosh, I wished I hadn’t agreed to watch a movie with him! The next day, he became himself again and that was weird. It’s like he had this split personality. When he was with me, he was a gentleman and when we were with our friends, he was a pain in the ass! He even drew sort of like a cartoon comic. The characters names were sim and arie. He asked me to read it. Well, it was pretty good tho’. He has this talent of drawing cartoons and producing stories. But, wait! The characters? Sound familiar to me. The girl named Arie loved to read novels and always get bullied by her friends. Sounds like me! But I don’t want to draw any conclusion. The guy, Sim, is her friend and he has this feeling for her but don’t know how to tell her because it might hurt her. Then a few days later, I looked at the scrap again and figured out the truth. The characters! The story! It’s about me and him! My gosh, it was true then! I didn’t tell him anything but to give him the scrap back. Then there was one time he wrote poems out of my alphabet name. He even told one of my close friend to pursue me to reconsider him. Oh, my God! Was he for real?! Well, I continue to be ignorant till he got fed up and didn’t chase me again. I know that affected our friendship a bit but it rather be that way than losing a friend.

No comments: