Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WHAT KIND OF PERSONALITY YOU HAVE?

So funny when we learnt something about people’s personality, we began to prejudge on what kind of personality do the people surround us have. According to Florence Littauer in her bestselling book “Personality Plus”, human’s temperaments are characterized into four: Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy and Phlegmatic. What’s so interesting is there’s a personality test before you start reading this book. I’m so surprised that I’m in the category of Sanguine Melancholy! Haha! And believe or not, since I read this incredible book, I observed all my friends and families and found that most of them are Sanguine with a mixture of another temperaments. It’s really fun you know to see your friends have this and this personality yet they don’t know what they have. I also begin to understand why they behave like this sort of irritating behavior. I used to think that they just made it up just to attract our attention but it turned out that it’s just their nature. They are born with it and changing it will take time. That’s why I become more tolerate with those bad behavior tho’ still it irritates me but not so much compare to last time. And funny also, when I was so pissed off with their behavior and couldn’t bear to handle it anymore and felt like my head wanted to explode, I figured that I should see a psychiatrist just to make sure that I’m OK. (Really! I even have the psychiatrist’s phone number!) But a million thanks to a friend of mine who didn’t know that I have this ‘inner anger’, suggested me to buy this book. With so much doubt and for the love of reading, I bought it. At first, I thought this might alert me during my travel back from KK. But every page that I read, every knowledge that I’ve gained. I began to understand. Soon my mind flashback to those irritating behaviours that some people showed to me. I learnt that it’s just in their nature. They are brought up that way so it’s hard to change it. Now, it’s just a matter of ‘adapting’ and ‘handling’ those people. You can’t be mad because it’s not their fault. Both of you are different. Yes, you might think what he/she did was wrong but remember this: A planet where same type of people live together is BORING! No excitement at all! No bitter memories tho’ we want to avoid these as far as possible but without those, will you develop yourself? Don’t you wonder why God (Allah, for Muslims) creates us with different personalities? Because He knows this from the beginning! And for those of you who still under pressure because of your friends, families, neighbours, lecturers etc irritating behaviours, think positive and bear with them like what I did now. InsyaAllah, your life will be much more meaningful and happier than before. If you want more info, just buy the book that I read. Good Luck! (^_^)

No comments: