Monday, February 28, 2011

ACTIVATE!

You never believe what I've became these days. You know it's been 3 years that I've been 'dormant' in any community service etc. And last January, the highest committee decided to elect me as the Vice-President of the organisation! What???? No,I actually mean - Whatta Hell??!! Wanna know their reason? They said I've been in one of the high position before! I was like thinking so hard on when did I ever! The only position that I've been was Head of Youth (girls) which is way BELOW the high positions available! Pandai mengacang durang ane eh! I was totally disagree with what they did to me. They appointed me without even asking me!! The minute I heard the news, I got frantic with jaws opening and the feel to kill someone! But then I thought about it. Instead of asking them a big WHY, I said to myself, WHY NOT? Since I've been doing almost nothing since I quit my job, so why don't I give it a try. Why don't I become active again. I know deep down in me, I miss being energetic, running all over the place just to make sure the activities perfectly going well. A few days of thinking the pros and cons, I decided to make myself ACTIVATE. So now, here I am, the Vice President of PERLU session 2011-2013. I promise myself to make the 3 years to become more happening with lots of activities for the people!

Our first activity was Program Belia Cinta Tanahair (PBCTA) in conjunction with the 27th National Day of Brunei. The event went successful as we attracted around 40+ youths to join the march! Compare to last year where only around 15 youths joint in. Then our second activity which was held last 27th Feb, Senamrobik & Walkathon. And suprisingly we attracted around 200+ people to participate! That's a good start for our more upcoming activities. We all showed great team work and enthusiasm. Plus there were youths all over the nation (Belait, Temburong, Tutong & Brunei-Muara)that joint the Walkathon which made it very lively!

Now, my next plan will be conducting the Amazing Race Lumapas and a Share the Love with kids from Pusat Ehsan. Hopefully, things will turn out perfect for all of us!

No comments: