Saturday, June 21, 2008

The boyfriends and the admirers

Chapter 1: First Boyfriend

He’s a Chinese wearing specs, just like what my dreamt boyfriend should be. The first time I met him, we were in the same tuition class taking physics. He was from boy’s college and I was in regular secondary school. The first I laid my eyes on him, I melted. Everytime our eyes met, my heart would pound very hard like it’s gonna explode! I could sense that he liked me too, looking at his body language and the way he spoke to me. That time, love was in the air (for me, of course!) I kept the feeling to myself and never told him. After, we finished our ‘O’ Level, to my surprise, he went to the same college as me and his class was just a few steps away. I was so happy and we swapped our numbers. I started to think that it might the best time for me to tell my feelings towards him. Every night, we contacted each other till one night, he proposed to me through the phone (I know it’s uncool!) but what the heck…I was so blindly in love that time! Since that day, we filled each day with love. He sent me a rose during the Valentine’s day, cared for me, always worried about me and filled my days with his beautiful and romantic words. And because of love, I left him. He didn’t know about this, but I’m telling ya’, I left him because of love. You probably wanna yell at me telling how impossible to leave someone because of love. How can you leave a person you love when you love him? Well, let me tell you…Love is not only about feelings, but commitment and sacrificing. And that sacrificing was the thing that I did that time. I could not stand it to see him suffering inside. He kept on wanting to meet and see me, having a good couple time with me. But I can’t. I can’t give him the time. Why? Because I was too absorbed with my study and responsibility as a student councilor. That’s why I left him but we never fought. We took it cool but of course I felt hurt about it. And until now, we are still friends and everytime we meet, there’s no hurt feeling. Pretty good, huh.

No comments: